Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Voice of endangered species

There are times when i look above and beyond and find economics woes around me.This doesnt means that I am complete ignorant about it but its better if i would have been and this subject wouldnt be a part of our syllabus.Eversince I have come across this subject it seems like I am under some compulsion to follow thorny course as this subject has erected my hairs up with tongue out and heart throbbing.This situation reminds me of some Archies' comics but the situation is fairly different where Archies' jaw drops just because he has seen some dazzling beauties and here the reason which puts me in such a situation are the dire circumstances which i come across during Economics awful tests.This is the voice of just single person.There is storm of such voices coming out off 88% cannon-mouths of the class. But the role of this so-called Economics is phenomenal in creating a comparsion of this funny comic character with me.I just wonna Economics to cast off in some fireplace :( .The teacher of Economics is damn boring.She didnt even able to catch few people to look at her which she speaks in class.Almost all the pupil are always in complete haphazard situatuion.She doesnt even realize this.When initially i went to her taking my problem that I am not able to get you she acted in strange way saying "I would throw you out of the class if you come to me again".Is this a way to teach?Are you so much confident of yourself for being so great that nobody takes interest in what the hell you speak.Is this a way of teaching.One thing is for sure that teachers must keep in mind that if they want to estimate how good they are ?There are some symptoms....1.The class would stay quiet and would listen eagerly to whatever is spoken to them even the pupil who donot take interest as well.2.The questions will arise about that particular topic........( The biggest sign which show up when either the people are getting too much or rejecting too much....the later doesnt show up in our generation who wants to prefer staying in ignorance rather than listening to such awkward junkies).3.You will get respect even if the people donot get whatever you speak to them.4.Last but not the least ....You will find your innerself satisfied.
The trend which I have seen throughout NED since my previous year and continuing,the teacher takes pride in getting answers from few of the genius people who are more precisely book-worms and moving ahead.Is this a way of teaching? The people in one class can never by any means of same calibre.You cant put them all in one dish and move ahead in your Donkey cart.They have different understanding cababilities.If such unfaithful teachers find their pupil quiet listening to them then it doesnt reflect their ability to shut their pupil mouths by their honour.Nowadays when one hardly finds a helping-hand these "Swords-Of-Honours" are contributing their bit in making the matters more worst.You cant blame the students all the time for not getting whatever has been told.Another common trait which i have observed is the lame excuse which is often raised by many of such teachers is that "They need to complete their syllabus within specific time period and need to comply with ISO standards".Is this what we are here for?This is what professional institutions are all about.Damn shit.We already have 12 subjects in our 7 months of study period and these unfair happenings are at our door-steps to mess with already messed-up & nostalgic curricula ( I wont comment on this bcuz i am a dialup user and this is also out of the scope of this topic ...you will have to wait ...This may take several minutes :) ).We arent heading in the right direction.The crammed up things would be washed away with time.All that would be left is what you will learn in the end.I am not against including the Economics in our syllabus.After all it would help us telling how to go about economic problems and it is bound to grow in us better understanding of our Socio-Economic structure.The true teacher is one who develops a taste for the subject not the one who spoils the taste.Its just I would like to say "I dont like casting pearls before swine."
The only teacher I found really sincere to his subject and profession was Ms.Humera Noor who used to teach us C Language.One of the recent example If i am not wrong is of Mr.Shehzad who is teaching us "Electronics" in place of Mr.Sheraz In the very first class he touched the inner cords of the heart of pupil.I saw people saying why didnt he came few months back.We want him.........Everyone was praising at the end of class.The silence in the class was there.People were ready to give him extra classes because he has sincerity for his subject and listners do care about this.The ray of hope for something good was visible indeed.
Yesterday i happen to talk to one of my friend who has come from England few days back.He has just passed his GCSEs which if I am not wrong are more or less like our matric grading.He left Pakistan just 6 months back and he is not a very good chap in studies.After Asar prayers he took me to his place because he eagerly wanted to tell the exciting things and environment he has come across in 6 months living in Manchester.Since he is a chatter-box i needed to put before him some strong reason to get away which i did by saying "Yar mera kal Economics ka test hey so gotta leave." But this statement of mine rather grew his curiousness about Economics and he started up saying "Yar wohi Economics jis mein "Continious compuunding","Flat tax rates","taxable income","Gross Income" and blah blah......hoti hey"....He kept on uttering and I escaped from there right away right that I might not develop some jealousy about my dear friend.While on my way back home I was just wondering the way in which the English shape up their generation and even at matric-equivalent stage they know so much about their economics.They turned a complete dumb person into a real learner.And we even after studying at undergraduate levels arent able to develop such concepts.Thats the reason for why these foreigners thrive. God Help me please.............